ALL VISA APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS AND PASSPORTS FOR VISAS AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE INTENDED DATE OF DEPARTURE.
To be eligible to apply for a Ghana Entry Visa, you must be a citizen of, or a legal resident in any of the listed countries below:
Applicants in Namibia should apply for their visas at the Ghana High Commission whiles applicants in Botswana should apply at the Honorary Consulate in Gaborone
Types of Visas issued by the High Commission are:
|A1||For Diplomatic passport Holders only|
|A2||For Official Passport Holders only|
|B2||For tourism, holidays and normal visits|
|D||For Seamen or Airmen|
|F1||For students/study visits|
|G1||For staff of recognised International Organisations|
|H1||For work on voluntary basis.|
|J1||For students/scholars invited for an exchange programme|
- All visitors to Ghana are required to obtain entry visas at the High Commission. No visa-on-arrival shall be granted at the point of entry.
- Visa applications take FIVE (5) working days to be processed. However, an express two working day services processing is available.
- An applicant shall complete a visa application form in duplicate (2 copies) and attach two (2) passport size photographs which were taken not more than three (3) months from the date of submitting the application. Technical Specifications: white background and dimensions: 2 x 2inches.
- An Applicant shall provide a valid passport/travel document, valid for not less than SIX MONTHS (6) from date of application and containing at least TWO (2) unused visa pages.
- An application for an official, business and student visa shall be submitted together with a letter of invitation or introduction letter (including contact details) from the principals in Ghana and or in Namibia.
- An application for a Tourist visa shall be submitted together with a letter of invitation or hotel accommodation booking. An applicant would also be required to submit for inspection a return air ticket upon request.
- Application for persons under eighteen (18) years shall be submitted together with a photocopy of original birth certificate, with a letter of consent from the parent, and a copy of parent’s photo ID.
- Any incorrect information found on the visa application form shall render it invalid.
- When an application for a visa is refused, the issuing officer is not obliged to offer any explanation. An applicant may however re-apply for a review.
- Visa application fees are levied per application and are not refundable.
- In accordance with INTERNATIONAL SANITARY REGULATIONS all persons entering Ghana are required to have a valid certificate of immunization against yellow fever. Do not submit your certificate together with visa application form. Keep it and present it at the point of entry into Ghana.
- These guidelines are subject to change as may be directed by the competent authorities in Ghana and apply to the Honorary Consulate in Gaborone, Botswana.
|Visa Type||Fees (N$)|
|Single Entry Visa (3 Months)||650.00|
|Multiple Entry Visa (6 Months)||1350.00|
|Transit Visa (one-way)||450.00|
|Multiple Transit Visa (two-way)||650.00|
Note: The ONLY acceptable mode of payment of visa fees is by CASH.
(Please provide exact amount)
CATEGORIES OF PERSONS EXEMPT FROM ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS TO GHANA (2015 UPDATE)
A. Citizens from ECOWAS States by virtue of the Protocol on Free Movement of Persons, the Right of Residence and Establishment
|Benin||Burkina Faso||Cape Verde||Cote D’Ivoire||The Gambia||Guinea||Guinea-Bissau|
B. Holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports only:
NB: Exemptions in category B above shall be for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days from date of entry
C. All nationals of the following countries:
|Trinidad and Tobago||Uganda||Zimbabwe||Rwanda||Indonesia|
D. Holders of passports of Regional Economic Communities in Africa and the African Economic Community, United Nations and its Specialized Agencies:
|The World Bank||African Development Bank|
E. Persons in Direct Airside transit: All persons in direct airside transit are exempt from visa requirements
F. Children with ordinary passports accompanying holders of diplomatic, service or official passports accredited to Ghana are exempt from entry visa requirements.